Baby #4!

Sunday, May 14, 2006

Shared the news with my family!

And it went much better than I'd hoped. I had my mom read my little poem. At first she didn't want to, but I asked her to please just read it. So she began to read & when she got the part about, "surprise, there's one other!" she said she was thinking, "Well, which name did she forget to include?" Then as she got a little further she realized what it meant & kind of stumbled on the last little bit of the poem as the news sunk in!:) They all congratulated us. Mom said that she is very happy for us, although she does have her "concerns" about it. I told her to just relax & enjoy her role as grandma. Leave the worrying to us. Dad joked that this Christmas will be different, but that mom can prepare one less serving of dinner because I'll be eating hospital food. Ha ha. I informed him that I'm always induced a week early, so this babe will arrive BEFORE Christmas & I will definitely be eating dinner with them & I will definitely NOT be hosting Christmas at my house!;)

Overall Mother's day was really nice. My "present" from Bryn was sleeping in til 8:30 when I felt good & rested. He apologized because he didn't get me a card or anything. I told him that was o.k.--after all, he didn't get me a card last year, either. (What's up with this crap?!) Oh well, I value sleep more than a card. He DID write me a little poem (aren't we just the creative couple?!) that was really nice & I appreciated that. It was good to see my brother & sister-in-law & their 2 kids. My sister-in-law gave me some of her maternity clothes. Wow, so between the gal at church, my friend Sara, and now my sister-in-law, I might not have to pull out any of MY maternity clothes!;) It's great how generous they've been with me & I hope they all realize how much I appreciate their helping me out!

Was thinking about what kinds of new baby stuff we're going to need for this kid. We'll need a new infant carseat as I believe they recommend you only use them for 5 years before replacing them. We'll also need to get another crib as Joshua will not likely be out of his crib at 17 months of age. I know there are some nice cribs at Babies R Us for about $100; we don't need anything fancy, just something that functions & is safe. And, if it's a boy, we are going to need to buy new boy clothes since my 2 other boys were summer babies. I kind of hope that it's another girl so that she can wear all of Megan's clothes...save us some money!

3 Comments:

  • At 11:08 AM, Blogger Kat said…

    Don't forget all the garage sales!

    Tricia, will you find out the sex of the little bambino/a? And, most importantly - will you be sharing it with us? :)

     
  • At 12:36 PM, Blogger Tricia said…

    Good point, Kat! I am hoping to get some garage sale-ing (?!) in this summer. Actually, the crib we got for Megan (which Josh is now in) we did get from a garage sale for $60 I think.

    And yes, I will DEFINITELY be finding out the sex of the baby & I can't keep any secret for long (unless it's something someone else tells me & asks me to keep secret!) so everyone will know the second I get home & post it!;)

    Tricia

     
  • At 1:21 PM, Blogger Wendy said…

    OMG, so cute - I love that Kat's posting on Tricia's blog! Kat, you are such a gem.
    Tricia, I'm glad your secret went over well and that your Mother's Day was good! ....And I sooooo think this baby is a girl. I just know it!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home