Baby #4!

Thursday, May 11, 2006

Part 2

There is a living baby inside of me!:) At first I didn't see the heartbeat & my heart just dropped, but the ultrasound tech showed me that there was indeed a small flickering heart beating away! What a relief! 156 beats per minute. I measured 7w4d & was given a new due date of 12/24/06...so I was really close with my guesstimate! As always, the baby will be induced sometime in the 39th week...it'd be fun if it was on the 20th. Then my kids' birthdays would be in various months, but have consecutive dates: 18th, 19th, 20th & 21st! We shall see. For now I'm just focusing on the fact that I really do need to absorb this pregnancy in my mind (seeing the baby made it more real than just 2 lines on a pregnancy test!), and feel releived that he/she is doing o.k. at the moment. My OB is great. He joked about how I alone was keeping him in business. He's always been so professional, but during my last pregnancy he joked around more & today it was kind of like seeing an old friend; a very relaxed yet professional relationship. I'm supposed to go back in for bloodwork at some point in the next couple of weeks & then go back to see him in about 2 & 1/2-3 weeks to listen for the baby's heartbeat. I was a bit surprised that he thinks we will be able to hear the heartbeat at 10 weeks along, I was under the impression that until you hit 12 weeks it's more questionable that you'll hear it.

The garage sale was a joke. It is so cold here today that barely anyone was out. I think we made about $30. Let's hope Saturday is a bit more promising. (I'm not running it tomorrow on my own.)

DH was so wonderful last night. After I finished pricing our garage sale items, I told him I was craving Arby's. He went out at 9:45 & got me a roast beef n' cheddar melt along with some curly fries. Mmmmm, did that hit the spot! Tonight we're going to have pizza after we put the kidlets to bed! I'm off my "sweet" kick at the moment, now "wholesome" meals like Arby's & pizza are sounding great! Oh, that reminds me, the dr said one of the reasons why I might be so hungry is because not only am I growing a baby, but I'm also nursing my other baby...between all that & taking care of the kids, my body needs as much energy as it can get.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home