Baby #4!

Monday, May 22, 2006

9th week

I hit 9 weeks yesterday...I cannot wait til June 1st when I can hopefully hear the baby's heartbeat & can finally relax & enjoy the pregnancy! Once again I'm excited for that appointment, but I know as it draws closer I am going to be a nervous wreck. Usually my blood pressure is a little higher for that appointment & I explain to the nurses why that is...and they usually do their very best to try to find the heartbeat as soon as possible to put me at ease.

Tomorrow is my 8th wedding anniversary...and to celebrate, I'm getting my bloodwork done. Yippee! I asked my husband what he was planning for our anniversary & he tried to throw it on me--"Isn't it your year to plan something?" I told him, "Well, since you didn't do anything for Mother's Day, I figured you could plan something for our anniversary instead!":) Actually, I know we won't be doing anything as we don't have a babysitter. So maybe we'll get the kids off to bed & get Applebees to Go or something like it. No matter what, I can tell you that I am not going to be cooking a meal!

I probably put on a few pounds over the weekend. I wanted Arby's once again & so Bryn ran out & got exactly what I wanted: TWO cheddar melts, curly fries and a vanilla shake! Oink, oink! And I ate it all even though I was pretty full after just one sandwich. I paid for it with a too-full stomach for the next 3 hours...I forget that food digests more slowly when you're pregnant! Or maybe I should say, I chose to ignore that fact and then had to deal with it later!

I also learned on Friday night that a good college friend of mine passed away. It was a blessing though--due to a car accident our senior year, she had been in a vegetative state. 9 & 1/2 years is a LONG time to be in that condition. Although I miss her, I'm happy that she is now in heaven & no longer stuck in a wheelchair & unable to communicate. Love & miss you, Lori!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home