Baby #4!

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

2 more days!

Exactly 2 days from now, I will be at the dr's & hopefully hearing the baby's heartbeat! I was right; I'm getting more nervous as the day draws nearer. Thankfully I have faith that no matter what happens, God is in control, but I still wish that appointment would hurry up & get here so I know if the baby is o.k. or not. I don't feel very pregnant anymore & keep thinking I should be feeling some stretching pains if the baby is supposed to triple in size between 9-12 weeks. On the flip side, I felt kind of sleepy this afternoon & was able to take a short nap & my stomach feels a little off, so maybe all is well.

The kids keep me plenty busy though, so that makes the time fly by. Joshua is now crawling like "normal" (as opposed to his paraplegic drag--using his arms & dragging his lower body along behind him) & it's fun to watch, but now I really have to be careful since he's getting into EVERYTHING. Time to do a double-check of the babyproofing throughout the house.

I'm also experiencing some shoulder pain. I have a feeling it's the rotator cuff. It's painful when I do something as simple as unload the dishwasher. Anytime I have to lift my arm up or forward, it hurts. I think I've discovered the main cause of it today though--getting the baby into his carseat seemed to be the most painful. I'm short, so lifting him up into the van but tilting him back a little so he doesn't bonk his head on the top of the van as I put him in turns out to be challenging & apparently is damaging my right shoulder. I discovered that I am actually good at vacuuming left-handed. I might have to tell my husband though, that doing the dishes & cleaning the bathrooms is just too much for my poor arm to handle!;) Yeah, right! Here's hoping it resolves on its own because between all the kids' appointments this upcoming month (Joshua has his pre-op appointment on the 19th, surgery for his blocked tear duct on the 21st, Nathan has his 5 yr well visit late June) and my OB appointments, it's crazy around here & the last thing I have time for is fitting in another dr's appointment for myself. More than that, it's finding someone to watch the kids for me so I can get to an appointment...that is the hard part!

1 Comments:

  • At 11:04 AM, Blogger Kat said…

    It's June 1st - thinking of you today sweetie.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home