Baby #4!

Monday, October 16, 2006

Appointment Update--30 weeks

Had a good appointment this morning. Pretty uneventful. Somehow I only gained 1 pound, as opposed to the 5 I figured I'd gained. So that was exciting for me! The only "negative" of the appt was that they found protein in my urine. But that was because I'd had half a glass of grapefruit juice to drink for the entire morning--guess I was dehydrated. The nurse told me that if you have a hard time giving a urine sample when you're pregnant, you're definitely dehydrated. She makes a good point!;) I'll try harder next time, but it IS hard to think about yourself when you're busy taking care of 3 little ones at home prior to leaving for your appointment! And now that I live further away from my OB office, I have to leave sooner than I used to. I'm just doing my best to get out the door on time & not concentrating on what I've been drinking or not been drinking. Managed to avoid the finger-prick hemoglobin test yet AGAIN! Had the same crappy nurse as last time & asked if they checked it the last time I was in since I had all that blood drawn. She said no & they should've. So she decided we'll check it next time. Yeah, I don't think so. I'm not dropping over in sheer exhaustion by any stretch of the imagination; I'm NOT anemic & I've never had that problem before. Next appt: 2 weeks from today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home