Baby #4!

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

38 week appt update

Forgot to update the past couple of visits, but all is going well. I'm continuing to gain weight just fine--I now match my husband's weight...ah well, the food has been good!:)

Yesterday I had my 38 week appointment. It wasn't a fantastic appointment. Had a lot of protein in my urine and my initial blood pressure was HIGH--142/100. They took it again after having me lie down for 15 minutes & it went back down to 118/74. Phew! I am now almost 2cm & 75-80% effaced. My dr asked if I was feeling contractions & I told him I could recall 2 from that week. My body just doesn't know what to do about evicting these babies.

As a result of the protein & high blood pressure, I have to go back in to get those rechecked on Thursday. If my blood pressure remains high, I'll be going to the hospital to have the baby right then. If it's at an o.k. level, we'll be going in on the 18th to have the baby. No matter what, he doesn't want me going too much longer with this pregnancy just with my history of pre-eclampsia and/or pregnancy induced hypertension.

On the way home I experienced something very new...contractions! I noticed they were actually pretty frequent. They continued on that way all evening, to the point that I decided to time them. They were coming every 4 minutes & would last between 35-60 seconds, however, they were painless. I spoke with the on-call dr who said that it could be early labor, but since they were painless, not to go to the hospital until they began to hurt for 30-60 minutes. Around 9pm I decided it might be a good idea to pack my hospital bag...and shortly after that the contractions stopped! Booooooo!

Today has been a fairly uneventful day. I took the hour of down-time that my dr instructed me to take. I'm still getting more contractions than I ever had in my other 3 pregnancies, but they're spaced pretty far apart, generally 15-20 minutes if not further than that. More than likely I'll be induced on Monday, but it's been fun feeling kind of like a "normal" pregnant woman who experiences contractions from time to time!:)

I'll try to remember to post an update on Thursday after my appointment, assuming I get to come home after my dr visit. And let's hope this sudden onset of vertigo over the past weekend disappears before I have to give birth...I can't imagine pushing a baby out while the room spins wildly out of control!!!

1 Comments:

  • At 12:55 PM, Blogger Kat said…

    Dude!!!!! I heard you had the baby!!!! Update us, please!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home